Wednesday, August 31, 2011

We. Have. Set. A. Date.

Okay, a date has been set! We are getting married on July 7, 2012. I'm really excited about this because my parents were married on July 8, 1972. AND my mom and I are making my dress out of her dress, that she made almost 40 years ago to the day. I think that's a really cool piece of history to have at a wedding. :-)

So, about this dress. I don't want to give too much away...but I'll tell you a bit about it. It's going to be a strapless, sweetheart neckline, short dress. My mom's original dress was covered in lace and we are keeping a lot of the lace. We only bought extra material for the bodice of the dress. And the lining is all original, we had to take it in a teensy bit but then we just cut it to the shorter length and hemmed it. I'm so excited to see how it turns out. I think it's going to be beautiful!

I'm going home this weekend, so I'm going to try and get a couple wedding pictures from my parents wedding so I can show you what the original dress looked like. It's going to be a complete transformation, I think you'll be surprised.

So mark your calendars for July 7, 2012! It's the big day and it's 310 days away!!

xoxo
Krystle

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I'm totally addicted to your new Blog now... what fun! ♥ you!

    ReplyDelete