Monday, October 17, 2011

Decision Time: Food

Ok, we've had this discussion before. The whole food situation was really scaring me. Luckily, I'm pretty sure I made a definite decision. ANNNNND I think you'll like it, because it's awesome, yummy, and a lot of fun.

To go along with our vintage cinema theme I am going to set up a...wait for it....Concession Stand. Complete with three different kinds of popcorn (regular, cheesy, and caramel) and a variety of candy. And that's not all! There will also be SMOOTHIES at the concession stand :-) The concession stand will be open before the ceremony so everyone can enjoy some refreshments and watch us get hitched at the same time.


Source: google.com via Krystle on Pinterest




Then after the ceremony, we will have a buffet prepared by a great chef and my cake, of course, by Carla (my cake mentor). I'm pretty excited about it all. I haven't decided on any kind of cake design. I can look at pictures of cakes all day long and tell you which ones I don't want, but I can't pick one that I DO want. I don't know what my problem is. But here are a few that peaked my interest.


This one is nice...and the color scheme is pretty much perfect

Source: google.com via Krystle on Pinterest

This one is striped...and kinda reminds me of a pop corn box, which is appropriate considering the theme. but that is way to much cake, I don't think we don't need one that big.



Source: None via Krystle on Pinterest

This one is pretty interesting, and I think that is the right amount of cake. It doesn't look too over the top.



I absolutely love this, it's really neat. But I'm not completely sold on it. I would like to have a more traditional looking cake. Maybe we can do one like this for some other occasion another time.

So, even if I can't make up my mind about a cake, at least I have a game plan on the food. :-)
My goal this week is to find some dang bridesmaid dresses! I would really like to check that off of the to-do list!

ALSO: Dress update, I had a fitting a couple of weekends ago, and guess what it was almost perfect! Just a few bells and whistles to add and it will be finished. It is exactly what I wanted and I am so happy about it! My grandma was with me and my mom when I tried it on and she approved. She also couldn't believe that it used to be my mom's dress. hehe it looks totally different.

OH! P.s. I'm ordering invitations soon and I am super duper excited about them! I'm not going to post any pictures yet, because you'll be getting them in the mail soon enough. I will tell you that our inspiration is vintage playbills. And they're really awesome looking!

Until next time (I'll be sharing our wedding soundtrack with you soon...it's not complete yet)
-Krystle



No comments:

Post a Comment